Monday, July 31, 2006

Overdue sock pics and WIPs

So....a while back, back when I was supposed to start my blog, I promised some friends of mine that I would post some pics of a pair socks that I had completed. So....here they are...finally!








They were knit toe up, both socks at the same time on circs from Brown Sheep Wildfoote, the Mums color way. . I used the Crazy Toes and Heels Sock Book as my guide and her fan toe, which I really like.

Now the WIPs. I am working on another pair of socks using the CT&H method with Sockotta color #30. I am up to the gussets on them:




I also started another pair the night that the Yarn Harlot came to town.




I am using Cascade Fixation color #9891 and the Grown up wonky lace pattern.
I am knitting them on 2's but I may need to go down to 1's. I have never knit with the Cascade Fixation before and am unsure of what tension to use. I figure that I will just knit up the leg of the sock and see what I think. If I don't like it I'll just have to rework them. Such is life. :)

This next one should be added to the finished list after tonight. This is Perdita,the bluebells motif. It is a fun quick knit. So pretty and delicate looking. I have already made it in a pretty blue for a friend and I look forward to get to wear this one.


And do you know what happens when you are trying to take pictures of your works? You have shutter bugs that are trying to get in the photo too:

3 comments:

Heather said...

Love all the socks! I'm so glad you got your blog going. Nice to meet you the other night :)

The Yarn Princess said...

Nice socks! Cute kid!!! I'm totally scarfing on Blue Bell ice cream as I type this.

crazymom said...

Thanks ladies!
Yarn Princess, isn't Blue Bell just so yummy! I was so exctied when they started carrying out here so that I could still have a taste of home, despite living in the desert.