Friday, August 25, 2006

It's my birthday!

It has actually been a good one as far as birthdays go. I had some friends that helped start it off great earlier this week. They surprised me at our Bible Study with a cake and some great books, one is a gift book from Hallmark called Serenity and the other is The Love Languages of God by Gary Chapman. They also gave me some candles and precious candle holders. The scented one is soooo delicious! It is Strudel & Spice by Gold Canyon.


Then today, kids woke me up this morning with breakfast in bed (pancakes Yum!) as well as home made presents. It was so sweet to see them so anxious about me opening the gifts and so proud of themselves. The gifts were great but their excitment is what I treasure the most. They are just such great kiddos.

My dad and step mom also sent me some yummy stuff from Merle Norman and I have a couple of very special phone calls from cherrished friends.


My Dearest is wanting to take me out to supper tonight, so I am thinking that I want to try Bill Johnson's Big Apple. I was kind of hoping that I had signed up at Red Robin in time to get my free birthday burger but it doesn;t look like I quite made it. Oh well, there is always next year. Okay so I know that I am cheep, I even went and got my free movie rental from Hollywood Video this afternoon. LOL

Not much news on the knitting front. I have finished one burp cloth from MDK and am about half way done with a bib. I love how simple it all is to knit but at the same time find myself wanting a bit of a challenge. So I have decided to pick back up a sweater that I started on last year. It is knit in one piece starting at a sleeve edge and then working across the body and down the other sleeve. I am already past where you join the front and back together at the neck and start knitting it as one
piece again. So, really it shouldn't be too much longer until I get it done. Well, that is what I am hoping for anyways. Ack! I just went to look for the photo of the sweater that came with the pattern and I can not find it. I guess that I will have to get it done so that I can show it off. It is a lacy affair and is being made from schachenmayr nomotta Rainbow.

Okay, I am off now to enjoy the rest of my birthday with knitting and my movie.

No comments: